- Ethernet G.SHDSL modem / router with 4-wire port Ethernet 10/100 BaseTx switch
- Compliant with DIN27001 security features + VPN encryption
- Transfer speed of 64 Kbit/s up to 15.3 Mbit/s per copper pair
- Range of 25 km
- Special mode for transmission in difficult line conditions
- ATM & EFM transmission
- Configuration via HTTPS/CLI/SSH
- SNMP management and alarm contacts
- Redundant power supply: 2x 12-60VDC (+/-20%)
- Temperature range: -20 – +70°C
SHDTU-08-is Ethernet modem transmission technology allows Ethernet networks to be connected via 2 or 4 wire copper cables with high speeds up to 15.3 Mbit/s / 30.6 Mbit/s.
The modems adapt their speed automatically or manually to the quality of the copper line and provide trouble-free operation. When secure mode is switched on, stable data transmission is guaranteed over bad lines.
Transmission length and speed rely on wire gauge, number of parallel G.SHDSL-lines and other confounders. On copper cables over distances of up to 25 km without repeater speeds of 320 Kbit/s are achieved. For longer distances other repeater solutions are available.
The SHDTU-08-is units can also be run in daisy-chain and ring topology. This way you only need one unit per station (2-wire speed).
On the G.SHDSL side, the modems adapt their speed automatically or manually to the quality of the copper line and provide trouble-free operation. They support topologies such as point-to-point or multi-point operation, line, bus and ring structures. When secure mode is switched on, stable data transmission is guaranteed over bad lines.
Transmission and data security are key features of the SHDTU family. DIN-27001 requirements are met such as: port-based or tagged VLAN, management over proprietary VLAN, secure access via HTTPS & SSH, password protection, SNMP v3, switching off unused ports, port-based MAC or IP filters, syslog and time synchronisation. The route can be secured by VPN encryption and the modems can be employed as fully-fledged routers with firewall. There was a lot of emphasis placed on user-friendly modem operation. All settings for standard operation can be changed via HTTP / HTTPS via one page on the browser. The status page provides line quality information and also about potential device errors. The CLI interface allows the modem to be set up quickly. All configurations can be saved to external media for subsequent reuse.
SHDTU modems are often used in applications where a high degree of transmission security and reliability is required, for example in utility supply applications such as electricity, water, gas, district heating, transport, etc. The robust modem design with its metal housing, top-hat DIN rail assembly, extended temperature range and redundant supply voltage of 12 – 72 VDC all make it suitable for use in harsh environments.
19” solutions are available centrally. SHDTU modems support all standard techniques and are compatible with all ATM/EFM-based G.SHDSL router / bridge systems.
- Symmetrical transfer speed of up to 30.6 Mbit/s (4-wire mode / 15.3 Mbit/s per pair)
- Automatic line quality speed adaptation or fixed speed
- Preconfigured for plug-and-play operation in point-to-point applications
- Secure or fast mode for robust or fast transmission
- Long range, up to 25 km
- UL1950, FCC 15 Class B, EN55022 and EN60950 compliant
- VPN WAN encryption
– IPSec (RFC2411) up to 4 tunnels
– MD5/SHA-1 and IKE/manual Key
– ISAKMP (RFC 2407/2408/4306) and IKE v1 (RFC 2409/4109)
- STP, RSTP, MSTP
- Ring redundancy
- SNMP v3, HTTPS, SSH
- IP and MAC filtering per port
- Switch off unused LAN ports
- Switch off WEB interface
- Management in in-house VLAN
- 2 or 4-wire model (adjustable)
- Standard G.SHDSL.bis ITU-T G.991.2 and ITU-T G.994.1 (G.hs)
- Point-to-point, star, line, and ring formation
- Line coding: TC-PAM-4 up to 128
- Compatible with ATM and EFM-based G.SHDSL modem from other manufacturers
- IEEE 802.1D transparent bridging
- Port-based & IEEE 802.1Q VLAN
– VLAN ID management
– 4-Port Switch
- L2 QoS (CoS)
- Dimensions: 13.5 x 4 x 17.7 cm (D x W x H)
- DIN rail assembly
- Redundant voltage: 2x 12-60VDC (+/-20%)
- Power: approx. 5 watts
- Temperature: -20 to +70°C (operation)
- Humidity: 0-95%
- WAN: 1x screw / plug-in terminal
- LAN: 4x RJ-45 switch 10/100 BaseTx
- CLI console port / RS-232: DB 9F
- Dynamic routing via OSPF and RIP
- IGMP proxy / snooping
- Simple user interface for quick installation, configuration and control via web browser (HTTP / HTTPS)
- Menu-driven interface / command line interface (CLI) for local console and Telnet / SSH access management
- Password-protected management and access control for administration purposes
- SNMP monitoring and TRAP dispatch with SNMPv1, SNMPv2 and SNMPv3 agents (RFC1157 / 1901 / 1905) and MIB II (RFC1213 / 1493)Alarm contacts for voltage and WAN failure, alarm contacts via Web GUI can be configured for CRC errors, LAN port and line quality monitoring
- Alarm messages by e-mail
- Firmware upgrade via web browser and FTP server
- Saving config files
- Time synchronisation